Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Welcome to MU Voices

At the beginning of every Madonna Pen meeting, I start a timer for 10-15 minutes. Sometimes I have a prompt, and sometimes I don't, but it is always time devoted to writing. I began doing this partially so that busy members could have some time during the week to write but mostly because I believe there is power in writing in a group.

For me, writing can often be hard and isolating. When I'm in the middle of a project, it feels like I'm all alone in the world. What our writing time at Madonna Pen reminds me is that I am part of a community. I feel inspired by my fellow writers' passion and creativity and push myself more. At Madonna Pen, we aim to foster writers by supporting each other: sharing work, giving feedback to one another, and most importantly writing together. We are a community who tries to create together whenever we can.*

I hope you read through the work featured in the Fall 2019 MU Voices and feel inspired by these writers and artists. I know I certainty am.

-Jillian Law, Madonna Pen President

*Some of the work featured here was written or started at our Reimagining Horror Halloween party and Late Night Against Procrastination event.

No comments:

Post a Comment